Below are listed the rankings for the Gizian Empire in order from highest to lowest:
- Fleet Admiral - There is only one Fleet Admiral at any given time, they are in complete command of the Gizian Empire's entire military power.
- First Admiral - There is typically only one of this rank at any time, though occasionally there are more than one. The First Admiral is the Second-in-Command, appointed by the Fleet Admiral. They are the Fleet Admiral's second.
- Admiral - Oversees the basic functions of multiple fleets. A fleet typically contains approximately ten ships, an Admiral typically oversees three or four fleets.
- Colonel - Commands ground troops in planetary assaults.
- Commodore - In charge of one fleet of ships.
- Lieutenant Colonel - Serves as the Colonel's Second-in-Command.
- Ship Commander - Commands and oversees one ship.
- Field Commander - Commands five legions of ground troops in planetary assaults.
- Ship Captain - Commands one portion of a Capital Class ship or replaces the Ship Commander in a Medium Class or smaller ship.
- Field Captain - Commands one legion of 100 troops.
- Quartermaster - In charge of weapons and supplies. The Quartermaster is a Middle Officer.
- Major - Commands one squad of ten special operations forces. May include space, ground, or a mixture of both forces.
- Corporal - Oversees portions of a ship as directed by the Corporal's Ship Captain.
- Lieutenant - Commands one squad of twenty ground troops.
- Weapons Lieutenant - In charge of weapons distribution under the Quartermaster.
- Supplies Lieutenant - In charge of supplies distribution under the Quartermaster.
- Sergeant - A common soldier who exceeds his fellow soldiers, but does not wish for an officer position.
- Private - A basic soldier, whether ground or ship.
- Ensign - This is the rank a new ship recruit is placed in for the first while of service.
- Cadet - This is the rank a new ground recruit is placed in for the first while of service.